The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website and/or its associated services.
The Growingbeyond.com website does not automatically gather any personal information from you such as your name, phone number, or email address. This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily, through contacting us via email or an online form or social media websites.
What we collect and store
We and/or our Information Service Provider(s) (ISP) may log IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and protect against potential Internet-based attacks on our or their facilities. While we do not link IP addresses to anything that is personally identifiable, these logs capture aggregate, generic, non-personal identifying information about visitors such as:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address from which you access our websites;
- The type of browser and operating system used;
- The date and time you access our websites;
- The uniform resource locator (URL) of the pages you visit;
- If you linked to one of our websites from another website, the address of that website; and
- Your general geographic location.
- Optimize the website, so it’s quick and easy to use.
- Monitor website usage and improve the operation and performance of our website to make them easier and more convenient to use; for example, cookies help us remember who you are through your browser settings so that we can offer and provide more personalized services (e.g., language preference).
- Measure aggregate user traffic and demographic statistics related to the website (e.g., number of users, average time spent, average age and similar statistics). This information helps us to better understand when to update, change or improve services.
- Diagnose and debug technical errors.
- Defend the website from abuse and technical attacks.
- Save passwords and preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit a website. Registered members need a cookie to be able to log in. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Measure aggregate user traffic and demographic statistics related to the website (e.g., number of users, average time spent, average age and similar statistics). This information helps us to better understand when to update, change or offer new services.
- If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. We will also set up cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks.
- If you edit or publish on this website an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When voluntarily providing information via e-mail or through an online form on the growingbeyond.com website, we will only use your personal information for the stated purposes for which it was collected, unless you provide consent otherwise. Your personal information will only be disclosed to or accessed by Kim Coleman or a designated representative with a need to know in relation to the purposes for which it was collected.
Growingbeyond.com will not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. Google Analytics and WordPress may collect more information than is described here and may have additional privacy requirements – See Google Analytics below for more information.
If you provide Growingbeyond.com with your contact information online and if you give permission to be contacted, you may receive periodic e-mails with information about new classes, workshops, news or upcoming events. See ‘Opt-Out’ below for instructions on how to stop such correspondence.
If you fill out the general contact form or newsletter signup form, the form data and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize, approve and follow-up automatically. All orders and form data is regularly deleted from the growingbeyond.com web servers.
For users that register on our website we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Visitor comment or form submissions through our general contact form and newsletter sign up may be checked through an automated spam detection service. As a result, your personal information may transfer to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
Growingbeyond.com uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Growingbeyond.com uses this information to help make our website more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits.
This analytics measurement tool uses “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect standard Internet log information and to track visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer and expire two years after your last visit to our website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including the first nine digits of your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This anonymous information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. The aggregate data and statistical reports are used only to help make the site more useful to visitors and are made available only to website managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties.
For uniform representation of fonts and for branding purposes this website uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Growingbeyond.com uses social media websites. We use those third-party services to interact with visitors and to build our community on social media. We also use these third-party services to measure the number of visitors to our website, to interact with visitors on the site, and to make our website more useful to visitors. In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, internet protocol (IP) address, and geographic location for account registration or sign-in purposes. Growingbeyond.com does not use those third-party websites or services to collect personal information from individuals. Any personal information collected by the third-party website will not be stored or transmitted by Growingbeyond.com. Growingbeyond.com has no control over or access to specific login information or any other sensitive personal information provide to third-party websites.
When you visit growingbeyond.com website and click on the follow Facebook icon, you will be directed to Kim Coleman’s profile on Facebook. This enables Facebook to receive information that you have visited our site from your IP address.
When you visit growingbeyond.com website and click on the follow Instagram icon, you will be directed to Kim Coleman’s profile on Instagram. This enables Instagram to receive information that you have visited our site from your IP address. These functions are offered by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments or questions, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you at firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
This website contains links to other websites pertaining to our partners, organizations that complement our philosophy or those sites we feel generally add value to your visit to our site. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of personal information. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We welcome and value critique of, and dialogue about, our website, our programs and our opinions as expressed in web-based and printed materials. If you have questions or concerns regarding the privacy or confidentiality of personal information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our website visitors is of utmost concern to us. Growingbeyond.com employs security plugins, monitoring and other secure practices and methods to protect users and website data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Growingbeyond.com can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.